How Do I Accept Jesus?
How can I accept Jesus as My Savior?
1) Understand that God's original plan was a perfect relationship with mankind.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." Genesis 1:27
2) Recognize that sin completely changed God's plan, separated all mankind from God and put us on a collision course with a hopeless eternity.
"There is no one righteous, not even one." Romans 3:10
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
"For the wages of sin is death." Romans 6:23b
3) Realize that you can do nothing on your own to restore your relationship with God.
"Therefore, no one will be declared righteous in [God's] sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin." Romans 3:20
"When you [are] slaves to sin, you [are] free from the control of righteousness." Romans 6:20
4) Know that only Jesus Christ, God's Son, paid the penalty for our sin by coming to earth as human, living a perfect life, dying a horrible death and rising again three days later.
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:16-17
5) Believe that, because of what Jesus did, you can be free from sin, have a restored relationship with God and receive God's gift of eternal life.
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
"This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe." Romans 3:22
7) Express your new faith in Jesus through water baptism, identifying with his death, burial and resurrection, and proclaiming to the world that you are his.
"The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23b
"[I]f you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
6) Trust that God has a better plan for your life than you do, and give yourself fully to him.
"Then Jesus said to them all, 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?'" Luke 9:23-25
"Count yourselves dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." Romans 6:11-14
"You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourself with Christ." Galatians 3:26-27
Confused? Need a little clarity? Please contact us!